Caiti Smukowski Heil
The Heil lab studies processes that create and maintain variation in populations using genetics, genomics, and experimental evolution in Saccharomyces yeast. The three main areas we are focused on right now are 1) how recombination rate varies between populations and species, 2) how hybridization can aid populations in adaptation to different environments, and 3) how S. cerevisiae has been selected for/adapted to baking environments.
- Biological Sciences and Affiliated Graduate Programs: Bioinformatics
- Biology Major Concentrations: Ecology, Evolution and Conservation Biology Concentration
- Biological Sciences and Affiliated Graduate Programs: Functional Genomics
- Biological Sciences and Affiliated Graduate Programs: Genetics
- Biological Sciences Undergraduate Majors and Programs: Genetics
- Academies and Centers: Genetics and Genomics Academy (GGA)