How to Apply
Our undergraduate degree programs probe the fundamentals of life and equip graduates to succeed, whether they go on to rewarding careers or pursue further study. If you’re interested in applying to study biological sciences, genetics, zoology or microbiology at NC State, here’s what you need to know:
All freshmen intending to major in a life science enter NC State in the Life Sciences First Year program, which lets them explore the diversity of life sciences before committing to a specific major. With specialized advisors and a close-knit community, the program helps students get a strong start on their education.
Internal Transfer Applicants
Current NC State undergraduate students who want to transfer into the Department of Biological Sciences should submit a change-of-degree application.
For program-specific information on transferring to biological sciences degree program, contact:
- Biological sciences (BS): Jill Anderson, department coordinator of advising
- Biological Sciences (BA): Jane Lubischer, program director
- Genetics (BS): Betty Gardner, program director
- Microbiology (BS): Jonathan Olson, program director
- Zoology (BS): Jenny Campbell, undergraduate director
External Transfer Applicants
All students seeking to transfer into our department from other colleges or universities should refer to Undergraduate Admissions’ transfer application review information.
Direct specific questions to email@example.com.