The faculty and teaching professionals of Biological Sciences are committed to providing real-world solutions to challenges in science education today. Through collaboration with science educators around the world, we advance educational practices and promote a greater understanding of science. We use a comprehensive set of learning pedagogies to create quality courses, interdisciplinary opportunities, and student research experiences.
Our faculty focus on:
- Developing unique and cutting-edge courses
- Evaluating and improving teaching methods using data-driven research
- Bridging the gap between science and society through communication and outreach
- Engaging students and the public in authentic scientific research experiences
- Understanding misconceptions of scientific information
- Using technology to improve access to educational resources
- Mentoring students with future professorial goals
Faculty with specific interests in this area are listed below.